Thursday, November 17, 2011

Border Patrol State

The issues with immigration are one of the most tricky and controversial problems of our time. As an American it is easy to say that we want them to stay out and this is our country and you must meet certain criteria to get in. Which, I honestly agree with to an extent. I dont really want people to "stay out" of America- but I think that you need to be a hard worker, have a job, and achieve citizenship legally just like the majority of Americans here. Obviously how to enforce this is the hardest part. Coming to America especially from places which are in such terrible times like Mexico is the opportunity of a lifetime. As an American I know I cant even begin to understand how that must be to try and gain citizenship to the US but also I think there has to be a line that we can't start making acceptions for. Even though it is an extremely long process and very difficult- gaining citizenship is something that shouldn't be given out that easily. America is an incredible country and we cant let anyone come over illegally and then give them the same rights that legal citizens have, it just isn't fair and loses the moral of the whole application process. I do understand how Border Patrol can at times be extremely harsh and it is very upsetting for the innocent people who are getting pulled over. But, in order to help keep everything fair and equal in our country they have to stop random cars at some point. I definitely agree that I am sure there is much racism involved in Border Patrol and I think that is something that needs to be fixed. Although, I don't know that I can think of a better way to help keep illegal immigrants out of the country. It is such a hard situation and I don't think we will ever find a perfect solution to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment